Thursday, June 14, 2007

Catorce de Junio

I refuse to focus on the distasteful aspects of this experience, however they must be noted for my future memories of the complete encounter.

For example, It’s really quite hot here and the only relief is a nice cold shower or three. Even a brief rinsing grants immense liberation. HOweVer, devilish water shortages hold hostage even DRIPS of deliverance and I am left to my sticky swelters, fiddling with the faucets in vain hope – all day long.

And….. I can’t think of anything else that bothers me right now. We came here with really low expectations in the area of comfort and convenience, so we’ve got it pretty good. So I guess that’s the end of my complaining.

We’ve just returned from a movie night with some foreigner friends of ours and discussions about how much worse it could be make me forget my other grievances. Things ain’t so bad.

No comments: