Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cinco de Junio

Its midnight in Granada. The light is a golden wet glisten upon the streets of this bright town, and I am here to testify that rain waters from night clouds in Nicaragua turn greens into verdes and yellows into amarillos, blues into azules, and reds into rojos. I’m here to testify that midnight rain water in the darkbright streets of Granada, Nicaragua turns life into vida.

I am. I am right now in this moment and don’t know about the next moment and don’t care about the last. I am.

I sit cross legged on a stone floor that looks cold, but feels hot. I sit nude.

Turquoise adobe surrounds me in the dark, while the smallest light from the bathroom glows through the wooded beads of the curtain, spraying a fan-shaped shadow through the room.

After several glorious moments, nude with shadows, I get up and take a crap. A crap that wakes up Adan who, from beneath the makeshift mosquito net asks, “…. You okay baby?” To which I reply, “Oh. Never. Been. Better. (insert sound effects) I feel amazing and I hope you get a crap like I just did.”

The mosquito net falls on him and he groans. We fix our duct tape rig and I return to my moment. Here on the sticky stone floor, heavy in the eyes but leaping inside. I’ve already shot my first 50 photos from our barred-in balcony and foresaw hundreds of future photos on the 45 minute drive from the airport in our Spanish-Lesson Mobile driven by Marlon.

I’m about to take my third shower in one hour, battle the heat with my drips, and crawl under the mosquito net with my incredible Adan, my brilliant adventurer, fearless friend, and confident soul mate… who turns life into vida.

No comments: